Growing and Sharing Prosperity
PHYSICAL MEASURES -Restricted access for cars to specific roads or areas at busy times.
- Estimated Congestion Reduction
Up to 24% depending on area, but traffic may be displaced to other areas.
- Potential Revenue Raised Per Year
None directly would need to consider revenue sources alongside
- Cleaner air in areas without motor traffic
- More welcoming environment for pedestrians and cyclists
- Could help to reduce congestion and enable faster, more reliable public transport Journeys in areas with targeted closures
- Risk of traffic being displaced to other roads, causing congestion in other areas
- Does not raise revenue to reinvest in public transport