A1307 Babraham junction exhibition - Sawston
Spicers PavilionCambridge RoadSawstonCB22 3DG
Tuesday, 25 June 2019
Contact: Greater Cambridge Partnership
Please do come to our informal drop-in event to find out more about proposals to improve safety at the A1307 Babraham High Street junction or to speak to members of the team.
- Banning the right-turn from Babraham High Street onto the A1307 (towards A11) and widening the existing island on Babraham High Street. Vehicles wishing to turn right would instead turn left onto the A1307 and turn around at the Babraham Research Campus roundabout.
- Making the pedestrian crossings in the junction area safer by realigning and reconstructing the existing footpath crossings. This would make it safer to access the bus stops along the A1307. These crossings would be in addition to a proposed traffic light controlled cycle and pedestrian crossing at the Babraham Research Campus roundabout.
- Reducing the speed limit to 50mph between the Babraham Research Campus roundabout and the A11.
- Lengthening the right-turn lane on the A1307 for traffic turning into Babraham.
- Reducing the dual carriageway down to one lane to provide a new eastbound bus lane (towards the A11).