Independent Audit Details
UPDATE: 25 February 2021
Amey Consulting has been commissioned to audit the Cambourne to Cambridge Better Public Transport project on behalf of Greater Cambridge Partnership (GCP)
The audit will be led by Dr John Sutton, technical director for Amey Consulting, who has more than 35 years’ experience of transport planning, appraisal, transport operations on bus and rail, and research in the UK, USA and Asia, including assessment of route options for major roads.
Dr Sutton's CV can be viewed in the Documents section below.
A press release with further information and a quote from Dr Sutton can be found in the News section.
The proposed future timetable for the review is:
- w/c 22 February: transport expert appointed
- w/c 15 March: publication of statement of assumptions and constraints and invitation to representative groups to submit further written representations
- w/c 29 March: deadline for submission of written representations
- w/c 3 May: deadline for completion of audit w/c 17 May: independent person prepares covering report and presentation on the audit.
2 February 2021
The agreed terms of reference have been published here.
Phil Swann has been appointed to oversee the independent audit of the GCP Cambourne to Cambridge scheme.
Phil Swann can be contacted via e-mail at C2Caudit@sharedintelligence.net
Audit process next steps:
- Establish the terms of reference for the audit (published 2 February 2021)
- Commission an independent transport expert
- Review the assumptions and constraints that have determined the selection of a recommended preferred route and invite representative groups to submit written comments
- Oversee the audit process and report the findings to the GCP’s Executive Board at the July meeting.
The GCP Executive Board agreed at its meeting on 10 December 2020 to commission an audit of the C2C scheme. The audit is to be independent of the GCP and will assess the route options including the proposed preferred route. The papers for the meeting are on Cambridgeshire County Council’s website (https://cambridgeshire.cmis.uk.com/ccc_live/Meetings/tabid/70/ctl/ViewMeetingPublic/mid/397/Meeting/1419/Committee/26/Default.aspx)
Press release 07-01-2021: Independent party appointed by GCP to oversee Cambourne to Cambridge audit
Phil Swann will have editorial control of this web page and will update it throughout the audit.