Growing and Sharing Prosperity
Visualisation of Linton Greenway on approach to Gog Magog Hills
A new Greenway - an off-road route for cyclists, pedestrians and equestrians - is proposed to connect Linton to Cambridge.
The Linton Greenway proposals were put forward as part of the Cambridge South East Transport Study consultation.
The Linton Greenway will be a new multi-user path alongside the A1307 between the Cambridge Biomedical Campus and Linton.
Map of the Cambridge South East Transport Study, including the Linton Greenway
- The Linton Greenway would follow alongside the A1307 from Cambridge Biomedical Campus to Babraham Research Campus.
- The path would then cross the A11 via the upgraded footbridge, then continue on road through Little and Great Abington to the Hildersham crossroads.
- The route will then continue past Hildersham to Linton.
- Widening existing footways and verges to provide a path for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders (where feasible), separated from the carriageway.
- Improving footbridge and underpass on A11, including adding ramps and stud lights
- Widening the footway between Hildersham and Linton.
Connections with Greater Cambridge Partnership Projects
Upcoming consultations on Greenways
Greenways consultation - Comberton Details
Consultation ended: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:59 PM
Greenways consultation - Waterbeach and Fulbourn Details
Consultation ended: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:59 PM
Greenways consultation - Barton and Haslingfield Details
Consultation ended: 20 Aug 2018 at 11:59 PM
Greenways public engagement Details
Consultation will end on: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:59 PM
The Linton Greenway was consulted on as part of the Cambridge South East Transport Study , which ended on Monday 9 April.
The Combined Authority and the GCP Executive Board will consider how to proceed with the project in summer 2018, taking all of the supporting information and consultation responses into account.
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling 01223 699906 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org