We held our biggest ever consultation on the Making Connections proposals in 2022.
The revised proposals which emerged from this work were:
- Weekday peak hour charging between 0700-1000 and 1500-1800 only
- Fifty free days for account holders
- Locally-owned SME discounts of 50% on HGVs and LGVs
- Low-income discounts of 50%
- A variety of exemptions for people who need to go to hospital by car
- No charge for motorbikes
You can find the Making Connections outline business case, business impact assessment, consultation report and associated documents below.
- Transforming the bus network
We proposed changing the bus network from mid-2023 through more services to more locations, with cheaper fares set at £1/£2.
- Investing in other sustainable travel schemes
Alongside the bus network, we proposed investing in new sustainable travel schemes, such as better walking and cycling links.
- Creating a Sustainable Travel Zone
We proposed introducing of a Sustainable Travel Zone in the form of a road user charge on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council. It would have been fully operational in 2027/28 once the first bus improvements had been introduced.
Making Connections OBC and business impact assessment
MC OBC V7.1
Making Connections written submissions
MC22 written submissions 0C
MC22 written submissions CC
MC22 written submissions CF
MC22 written submissions FL
MC22 written submissions MS
MC22 written submissions SW
Making Connections report presentation
Making Connections 2022 overview
Making Connections 2022 proposed bus network
City Centre Bus Map And Key
Cycling Plus Map
Future Bus Network
Sustainable Travel Zone
Making Connections map book
Making Connections presentation 07 11 22
Making Connections survey questions
Traffic modelling report May 2022
Consultation FAQs autumn 2022