The Waterbeach Greenway will provide safer and better route for people walking, cycling and, where appropriate, horse-riding, between Waterbeach, Milton and Cambridge North.
Proposed Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) have been shared on Cowley Road in Cambridge.
The objective is to enhance safety by substituting the current loading bay with a "no waiting at any time" restriction and introducing raised tables. As the highways and transport authority Cambridgeshire County Council invite the public to provide comments on these proposals, with the closing date set for Friday 1 March, 2024.
A public consultation on a revised alignment for the Waterbeach Greenway closed on Friday 8 December 2023.
Responses to the consultation will be analysed and presented to our Joint Assembly and Executive Board for consideration and a decision on the next steps.
Subject to public consultation and agreement from landowners, the revised 5.5km greenway alignment would start on Cambridge Road in Waterbeach before using a new, off-road path along land behind Car Dyke Road. It would then continue along a new, off-road bridleway, through fields behind the A10 as far as Ely Road, where it would then continue through Milton village. From here it would use the Jane Coston Bridge over the A14 and join upgraded paths and cycle-tracks on Cowley Road on to Cambridge North railway station and the Chisholm Trail.
- Cleaner, cheaper and healthier journeys between Cambridge, Milton and Waterbeach
- A new bridleway for walking, wheeling, cycling and horse-riding between Waterbeach and Milton village
- Safer roads and new paths in Waterbeach, Milton village and the north of Cambridge
- Improved links to the St John’s Innovation Park and Cambridge Science Park, Business Park, Regional College and city centre
- Onward links to Milton Road, the Chisholm Trail, Cambridge North railway station and future connections to the new station in Waterbeach and proposed travel hub
- Greener travel options for the 11,000 new homes in Waterbeach New Town and Barracks
20231030 Waterbeach Public Consultation